pickupthepieces收拾残局

Mary Alice Voiceover:Susan Mayer had always believed the one good thing about hard times is that you get to find out who your friends really are.

在苏珊.梅尔看来,困难时期总有好的一面,那就是患难见真交。

Mary Alice Voiceover:When her grandmother died, it was Bree who brought homemade cookies.

当她外婆去世时,是布里给她端来了自制曲奇。

Mary Alice Voiceover:When the critics panned her third book,it was Gabrielle who hired the handsome masseur.

当她的第三本书恶评如潮时,是加布丽尔为她雇来了帅气的按摩师

Mary Alice Voiceover:When her divorce became final, it was Lynette who poured the scotch.

当她的婚姻走到尽头时,是勒奈特特为她斟的苏格兰威士忌。

Mary Alice Voiceover:Sadly, Susan’s life had been shattered once again…but as always, her friends had come to help pick up the pieces.

很不幸,苏珊的人生再一次遭受了打击,但一如既往,她的朋友都赶来帮她收拾残局

Gabrielle:Susan?We’ve all been talking.We’ve decided you and Julie should stay with Bree.

苏珊,我们商量过了,你和朱莉暂时住在布里家。

Susan:Oh, thanks. No, that’s okay.We’ll stay at a motel.

谢谢,不用了,我们可以住在旅馆里。

Bree:Absolutely not.Just give me an hour or two to straighten up Andrew’s room,and then you can bring your… selves over.

这可不行,给我一两个钟头,整理好安德鲁的房间,然后你就带上你的,人带过来就行。

Susan:I don’t deserve friends like you.

我真幸运,有你们这些朋友。

Lynette:We’re aware of that.

这我们清楚。

Orson:Susan, you’re running low on trash bags.I’m going to run to the store.

苏珊,垃圾袋不够用了。我去商店买。

Susan:Thanks, Orson.Thanks for coming.You know,you didn’t have to do this.

谢谢你过来帮忙,奥森。你不需要为我做那么多。

Orson:Hey, it’s my pleasure.

这是我的荣幸。

Bud:Mrs. Mayer!Hi. Bud Penrod,Town and Country Insurance–The “Can-Do” people.

梅尔太太,你好,我是哈德.蓬罗德,城乡保险公司的特派员。

Susan:Oh, it’s nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你。

Bud:Yeah. Look at that.Well, that’s no fun at all,is it?

瞧瞧这篇残骸,这一点都不好笑,是吧?

Susan:No. No, it isn’t.So when am I gonna get the check?‘Cause I have a lot of rebuilding to do.I need to get started.

是,不好玩。我什么时候能拿到赔偿金?重建需要很多准备工作,尽快开始为妙。

Bud:Yeah, well, I’m afraid that’s going to be a while.You see, the fire department has ruled that this was arson.

恐怕还需要一段时间,消防局认定这场火灾是人为蓄意纵火。

Susan:Arson?

蓄意纵火?

Bud:Yeah. So we can’t give you any money until we finish our investigation.

是的,在调查清楚之前,我们暂时不能给你赔偿金。

Susan:Who would wanna burn down my house?

什么人想要烧毁我的家?

Bud:I don’t know.Do you have any enemies?

我不知道,你有什么仇人吗?

Susan:No. No, look,the whole neighborhood turned out to help.I’m very popular.

不,没有,你瞧,所有的邻居都过来帮我。我人缘很好

Bud:And there’s no one among them that wishes you ill?

那么他们当中没人看你不顺眼吗

Susan:Oh, no, no.Everybody’s been very helpful.Um, everybody likes me.Absolutely…

不不,所有的人都很友善。每个人都喜欢我,毋庸置疑。

Susan:…everyone.

每个人都如此。

Mary Alice Voiceover:Yes, hard times were what Susan used to distinguish who was a friend and who wasn’t.

没错,困难时期是苏珊分清敌友的时刻。

  • pan v.[俗]严厉批评
  • shatter[???t?] vt.使粉碎;破灭;挫折;驳斥;使震惊;
  • pick up the pieces收拾残局
  • straighten up 挺直, 改正, 收拾,清理,
  • I don’t deserve friends like you.
  • (deserve 值得的,应得的,我配不上像你们这么好的朋友,言下之意称赞对方,义译为:我真幸运,有你们这些朋友。)
  • 指东西不足,不够了, sb. run low on sth.
  • Some parts of the United States have begun to run low on water.
  • 美国一些地区已开始面临缺水困境。
  • arson[?ɑrsn] n.纵火罪;(非法)纵火
  • wish sb ill 希望某人倒霉
  • distinguish[d??st??gw??] vt.辨认;区别
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:Susan Mayer had always believed the one good thing about hard times is that you get to find out who your friends really are.
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:When her grandmother died, it was Bree who brought homemade cookies.
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:When the critics panned her third book,it was Gabrielle who hired the handsome masseur.
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:When her divorce became final, it was Lynette who poured the scotch.
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:Sadly, Susan’s life had been shattered once again…but as always, her friends had come to help pick up the pieces.
  • Gabrielle:Susan?We’ve all been talking.We’ve decided you and Julie should stay with Bree.
  • Susan:Oh, thanks. No, that’s okay.We’ll stay at a motel.
  • Bree:Absolutely not.Just give me an hour or two to straighten up Andrew’s room,and then you can bring your… selves over.
  • Susan:I don’t deserve friends like you.
  • Lynette:We’re aware of that.
  • Orson:Susan, you’re running low on trash bags.I’m going to run to the store.
  • Susan:Thanks, Orson.Thanks for coming.You know,you didn’t have to do this.
  • Orson:Hey, it’s my pleasure.
  • Bud:Mrs. Mayer!Hi. Bud Penrod,Town and Country Insurance–The “Can-Do” people.
  • Susan:Oh, it’s nice to meet you.
  • Bud:Yeah. Look at that.Well, that’s no fun at all,is it?
  • Susan:No. No, it isn’t.So when am I gonna get the check?’Cause I have a lot of rebuilding to do.I need to get started.
  • Bud:Yeah, well, I’m afraid that’s going to be a while.You see, the fire department has ruled that this was arson.
  • Susan:Arson?
  • YBud:eah. So we can’t give you any money until we finish our investigation.
  • Susan:Who would wanna burn down my house?
  • Bud:I don’t know.Do you have any enemies?
  • Susan:No. No, look,the whole neighborhood turned out to help.I’m very popular.
  • Bud:And there’s no one among them that wishes you ill?
  • Susan:Oh, no, no.Everybody’s been very helpful.Um, everybody likes me.Absolutely…
  • Susan:…everyone.
  • Mary Alice Voiceover:Yes, hard times were what Susan used to distinguish who was a friend and who wasn’t.
  • 声明:本站部分文章内容及图片转载于互联 、内容不代表本站观点,如有内容涉及侵权,请您立即联系本站处理,非常感谢!

    (0)
    上一篇 2020年12月7日
    下一篇 2020年12月7日

    相关推荐